Trees and Corvids in the Snow

I love the snow, and it's rare enough in the UK to make a fuss (though, yes it is somewhat embarrassing that a light fall causes the whole country to grind to a halt). These photos were actually taken three years ago, but I wanted to share them out here as I don't have the liberty to just go for long walks whenever it takes my fancy these days, and I'm sure it looks just like this around the Avon Gorge right now!

 
A clattering of Jackdaws (Corvus monedula in Betula pendula)


 Two for Joy (a pair of Pica pica in a mixed coniferous-deciduous copse)



Crataegus monogyna



Corvus corone







 The Downs



Corvus corone in flight




http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2803/4271184951_082d724814_b.jpg
Quercus robur as if draped in ermine, fitting for a Royal tree



Corvus monedula


Comments

Popular Posts